Want to work at inBrain?
We are a team of learners and doers who foster an inclusive and dynamic workplace. We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our team. This position will report to the Director of Engineering.
- Collaborate with the engineering team on projects as the expert on reliability, performance, and efficiency.
- Automate away the process of managing capacity, safely deploy software, and mitigate system failures.
- Proactively identify and develop areas to improve monitoring/alerting, reliability, performance, and automation
- Ability to root cause / troubleshoot issues in a fast paced environment, and implement solutions to prevent them from happening again
- Participate in on call 24*7*365 rotation to respond to alerts or outages
- Work closely to support engineering teams
- Look for areas to improve: remove bottlenecks, eliminate waste, improve performance, and reduce costs.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Previous experience in an SRE or related role: DevOps, platform engineering, software engineering.
- CS Degree (or related field) and/or a demonstrable, solid understanding of CS fundamentals.
- Skilled developer: Expert with at least one programming language and some level of proficiency in several others.
- Deep understanding of Linux system internals / OS fundamentals.
- Experience with distributed / highly available systems architecture, theory and practice.
- Understanding of container and orchestration tools like Docker, kubernetes, mesos, etc.
- Experience with an infrastructure-as-code tool (terraform, cloud formation, etc).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience building and maintaining production systems in the cloud (AWS preferred).
- Experience working on the front-end.
- Knowledge of security best practices operating in the cloud.
- Experience with configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet, or Ansible.
- Working knowledge of networking and common internet protocols (http, ssl, dns, tcp/ip).
- Previous experience working on production, user-facing internet applications at scale.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. We are a global team communicating in English.
- REMOTE - US
- Flexible work environment - hybrid (if near an office) or 100% remote.
- Medical benefits, 401K matching.
- Generous paid time off.
- Learning Management System available through the Intranet providing free access to nearly 500 online training modules and personal development programs.
- We offer new colleagues the opportunity to work in an open and global culture, where they welcome feedback and ideas from their colleagues. You will be working in a challenging and inspiring environment with talented colleagues from all over the world.
- We have great development & growth opportunities for our employees.
- And much more!